Scott Department of Urology well-represented at the American Urological Association 2023 Annual Meeting
The Scott Department of Urology was well-represented at the American Urological Association 2023 Annual Meeting, April 28- May 1, in Chicago. In its 118th year, the meeting is the largest professional gathering of urologists worldwide, offering access to landmark research, guidelines and the latest in urologic medicine.
The Department maintained its reputation as a leader in education and research as faculty, residents and staff contributed to various research presentations and courses throughout the four-day event.
Abstracts with Baylor College of Medicine Authors
Michael Coburn, M.D., FACS
- Podium Session | Trauma/Reconstruction/Diversion: External Genitalia & Urotrauma (including Transgender Surgery) II
- Instructional Course | Urological Trauma and Reconstruction
Mohit Khera, M.D., M.P.H., MBA
- Plenary Session | Semi-Live Surgeries/Surgical Techniques: Sexual Medicine
- Presidential Welcome | Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA)
- Speaker | T and CVD and TRAVERSE Trial Update
- Speaker | SMSNA Session Closing Remarks
- Speaker | Men’s Health Update
- Instructional Course | Case-Based Approach to Understanding the AUA/SMSNA Guidelines
- Instructional Course | Current Concepts and Controversies in Male Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Poster Session Moderator | Sexual Function/Dysfunction: Medical, Hormonal & Non-Surgical Therapy II
- Abstract | Low Transfascial Fixation of the IPP Reservoir
Taher Naeem | Mohit Khera, M.D., M.P.H., MBA
- Abstract | Predictors of Penile Plication After Intralesional Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Injection in Men w/ Peyronie’s Disease
- Abstract | The In-Vivo Efficacy of Low-Intensity Shockwave Therapy on Sperm Parameters in an Aged Rat Model
Larry Lipshultz M.D.
- Abstract | Long Read Bisulfate Sequencing of Seminal cfDNA Provides a Rubust Prediction of the Presence of Sperm in the Reproductive Tract: Implications for MTESE
- Abstract | Increased Genitourinary Cancer Incidence and Lower Testosterone Levels are Found in Men Performing Non-Standard Shift Work
- Podium Session | Prospective Validation of an Epigenetic Sperm Quality Test for Men Seeking Fertility Care
- Abstract | A Unique Epigenetic-Based Test to Accurately Predict Successful TESE and mTESE Outcomes
- Abstract | The Impact of Testosterone on Urinary Incontinence Following Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy
- Speaker | Andrology and Infertility
- Speaker | Innovations in Men’s Health
- Instructional Course | Male Infertility Update 2023: A Comprehensive Approach to Understanding and Treating Male Infertility in the Era of In Vitro Fertilization
Juan Torres Anguiano, M.D. | Larry Lipshultz M.D.
- Abstract | Enclomiphene is Associated with Higher Pregnancy Rates When Compared to Clomiphene in Infertile Men with Low Testosterone
John Lindsey II, M.D. | Larry Lipshultz, M.D.
- Abstract | Decreased Incidence of Peyronie’s Disease in Patients Taking Anti-Inflammatory Medications: Results From a Large Population-Based Cohort
Thomas Garcia, Ph.D., M.S., B.S. | Larry Lipshultz, M.D.
- Abstract | The Testis and Epididymis – Specific WFDC Locus Genes are Required for Male Fertility
Jordan Kassab | Larry Lipshultz, M.D.
- Abstract | Socioeconomic Determinants as a Predictor of Hormone and Semen Parameters
- Abstract | Socioeconomic Status as a Determinant for Urologic Care: Results From a Population-Based Cohort
Seth Lerner, M.D., FACS
- Abstract |Genomic Profiling of Urothelial Carcinoma in Situ of Bladder
- Forum | Very High-Risk NMIBC: Radical Cystectomy or Intravesical Therapy
- Poster Session Moderator| Bladder Cancer: Upper Tract Transitional Cell Carcinoma II
Jennifer Marie Taylor, M.D.
- Plenary Session | Take Home Messages: Bladder Cancer
- Poster Session Moderator | Education Research I
Richard Link, M.D.
- Speaker | Robotic Caliceal Diverticulectomy: A Simple Minimally Invasive Solution to a Vexing Problem
Rotimi Nettey, M.D., M.H.S.
- Podium Session | Distinct Phenotypes of Bladder Pain Identified in the Multidisciplinary Approach to the Study of Chronic Pelvic Pain Research Network Dataset
Nicolette Janzen, M.D.
- Plenary Session | Panel Discussion: Pediatric Stone Disease: Different Approaches Based on Location and Size of Stone
Catherine Nguyen, M.D. (PGY6) | Niccolo Passoni, M.D.
- Podium Presentation | Does Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Reduce the Complexity of Wims Tumor? An Analysis Using the Nephrometry Score
Catherine Nguyen, M.D. (PGY6) | Chester Koh, M.D.
- Abstract | Surgical Technology & Simulation: Instrumental & Technology I
Bobby Brunner, M.D. (PGY4) | Wesley Mayer M.D.
- Abstract | Urolithiasis/ Endourology: Tips & Tricks to Shorten Your Learning Curve
Nikola Rakic, M.D. (PGY2)
- Abstract | Ectopic Low Submuscular Reservoir Placement with Transfascial Fixation for Inflatable Penile Prothesis
Angeline Johny, M.D. (PGY4) | Jennifer Marie Taylor, M.D., M.P.H.
- Abstract | Program Directors’ Perspectives on the Assessment of Residency Applicants in the Post-USMLA Step 1 Era: A Strong Case for Standardized Letters of Recommendation
- Abstract | Implementing a Novel Stress Resilience Training Curriculum Among Urology Trainees: Proof of Concept in Curriculum Design
Abhishek Seth, M.D. | Carolina Jorgez, Ph.D.
- Podium Session | Loss of WNT4 in the Gubernaculum Causes Unilateral Cryptorchidism & Fertility Defects Due to Imbalance of Male & Female Genes
Michelle Dai (Medical Student)
- Abstract | Machine-Learning Based Model for Prediction of Curvature Improvement Following CCH Injections for Peyronie’s Disease